Memories Recovered

 


3 months
1 gone, 2 more
Play creeping into everyday life
Memories recovered



Playtime
10s against the wall
 Still can't catch the last one
No change in 35 years



The joy of wheels
And stuff & things & bits
Findings and scavengings
Re-purposed and made whole



While I work, while I make, I am remembering. I am remembering who I am , who I was, and rebuilding it into myself. I'm re-discovering delights, simplicity, and small joys. Recovering myself as an artist and as a human being, leaving behind the baggage of continually being misunderstood, a common experience of being neurodivergent. Finding that it's okay to be me in all my quirky glory. People may not get me, but that's okay too.

I will remember my red patent boots and my first pair of shoes, red, that I wouldn't take off for bed. I will remember the rose petal perfume in the faded pink Tupperware beaker. I couldn't get the lid off without spilling the liquid inside. I will remember the taste of Marmite and the purple carpet. I will remember boxes smelling of compact foundation and coral pink lipstick. All memories have a sensory quality feeding into who I am today.